Since launching Shegerian & Associates over a decade ago, Carney Shegerian has developed a reputation as "The People's Attorney" -- fighting passionately for the rights of his employee clients, and compassionately explaining the process as each client navigates through his or her case.
As an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Shegerian has tried numerous jury trials to verdict in both state and federal court, always representing individuals that have suffered financial or emotional losses and have been wronged by employers, including major corporations.
Winner of the 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award as a result of trying a number of significant cases, Mr. Shegerian was also nominated, and a finalist, for the award in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Mr. Shegerian is also included in the Daily Journal's Top Labor and Employment Lawyers list of the top 75 attorneys. His record of success for his clients - whether via substantial settlements or in a trial jury scenario, is unparalleled. He has made it his life's mission to help those who have been wronged in the workplace. Mr. Shegerian has won over 75 jury trials, including 33 seven figure verdicts as a plaintiff's attorney.
Mr. Shegerian is licensed to practice in all California courts, local federal courts and the United States Supreme Court.
- J.D., Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, California
- B.B.A., Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
Other Legal Memberships and Affiliations
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Santa Monica Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles Bar Association
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Armenian Bar Association